Friday, April 20, 2012

Back in Action

So It's been a few weeks. Break is over and I am in week 3 of my second quarter. The second quarter isn't exactly like the first where every week I had a lot of new projects to work on and I had a lot to show. This quarter, for the most part, is sketchbook work, repetition and just learning software. But I do have a couple things I can post up. I don't have a scanner so the hand rendered pencil sketch and drawing were photographed and spruced up in Photoshop. They didn't come out as well as I hoped, but I plan to replace these pictures with scanned versions in the future.

1st week in Perspective Drawing class, we reviewed the basics of perspective we had learned last quarter. The homework was to work on a drawing showing what we already knew with perspective using basic shapes. For now we are just using pencil.



In week 2 of Image Manipulation our assignment was to take this picture of a man (left), and make him look 10 years younger (right). This was a homework assignment to see how much we had learned so far.


Week 3 of Drawing and Anatomy, we had to draw some mannequin poses from pictures of human models. No tracing was allowed and we had to draw our first one with correct proportions before extending guidelines to do the other poses. Again sorry for the pore quality picture.


1 comment:

  1. Looking good Ryan!
    Oh, next time we meet could you take ten years off my face too? :)
    dlj

    ReplyDelete