Saturday, March 10, 2012

More Old Projects

This time I had to skip a week ahead in showing my Fundamentals of Design work because week 3's assignment apparently still needs to be scanned.

Here is my first Typography assignment I am showing. We spent 3 weeks developing our own typeface. I named it my new type face "Claw". This is hand rendered with pencil and then filled in with a thick marker.




This project was for week 4 in my Fundamentals of Design class. I will have to show my 3rd week assignment in another post. Here I was supposed to show my understanding of scale. We were to build a chair of some sort out of any materials, and it had to be at least a foot tall. I decided to make a throne out of plastic Jewels because my last name is Jewell. The piece is held together with E-6000 glue, it's supported with a sliced Styrofoam cone and sitting on painted cardboard. The back board is wire wrapped in the shape of a jewel with a necklace piece as the center point. Stick-on plastic gems were added to the backboard and base. Because it was so reflective it was difficult to get a good picture of the throne.




My final project to show you is my color theory project. We were demonstrating our ability to blend colors. We had to take an image or famous painting and reproduce it showing 4 different color gradients. One section had to be monotone, another section had to be shades of what ever color we wanted, another section had to be tints of the color we chose and a final section had to be tints and shades of complimentary colors. The painting I chose to reproduce was the "Virgin Annunciate" by Antonello da Messina in 1476.



No comments:

Post a Comment