Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Second Week

These were also completed and turned in a few weeks ago. They are some of the projects I worked on for week 2 of my first quarter in school.

This poster was a project for my Fundamentals of Design class. It's purpose was to show our understanding of unity within a design. The specifications stated the design must have a number spelled out, contain 4 squares and 5 circles and finally we could have one shape of our own choosing. I choose to layer the shapes over each other to outline the number one's shape in front of a red rectangle (the red rectangle being my custom shape) and spelling out "ONE" with positive and negative shapes.



Color Schemes were a little difficult for me. Not only was I learning what the color schemes were but I was also trying to learn how to mix paint to achieve the results I wanted. My color schemes project for my  Color Theory class didn't exactly come out the way I wanted. I traced a coloring book image of Spiderman and painted in new colors following color schemes. What's uploaded here is the actual paintings I did but I took it in to Photoshop and put in a black background then labeled the color schemes. It wasn't the most clean and well done work I've done but it was a good learning experience.    



This next project was an ink still life done in my Observational Drawing class. The goal was to demonstrate hatching and cross hatching techniques with pen. We were not allowed to do an under drawing in pencil, we had to start with pen on a blank sheet of paper. For this drawing all I used was a regular ball point pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment