Friday, July 18, 2014

Portfolio Work - Environment - Futuristic Bar

    I found this picture of a futuristic bar scene from http://www.artbyward.com/ by Ward Lindhout. I was drawn to it's gritty and run down look while still maintaining it's science fiction setting. This feeling is something I want to recreate in 3D. So this is the concept I'm choosing to recreate in game for my portfolio.


I see this place in my mind as the sole form of entertainment on a space station. Much like the bars and restaurants at an airport.

I've got the major shapes blocked out for the most part. I need to adjust things here and there until the proportions feel right to me. I've already started blocking out some of the medium details, but that's the next step for me.



And of course the recreation of the Half-Life 2 police model wasn't made by me and will not be in the final version. I'm just using him as a scale reference that fits the futuristic theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment