Wednesday, August 27, 2014

5 Week Prop

We are working on this one for 5 weeks. It took me awhile to decide on what I wanted to do for a final prop since everything was open to us.

I finally decided on making this siege tower from Assassin's Creed. I didn't do this concept and all rights to it go to Ubisoft. I'm just using it as a reference to make a game prop for my portfolio.

I started by blocking out where my textures would go on a texture sheet for the prop. This is what I have. I'll fill in the space as I go if I find more props that need texturing.


I've blocked out the rough space it will take and now I'm starting to build the high poly.



The technique I'm using for this project, as far as planning out the textures first, is a technique that's used in environments frequently and I learned it from Digital Tutors. This is the specific tutorial http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/857-Asset-Workflows-for-Modular-Level-Design


No comments:

Post a Comment