Saturday, August 16, 2014

Portfolio Class - Dota 2 The Lunagia Blade - Day 1

For the class I switched to making props this quarter so that I wont multiple scenes a quarter where one of them would have to suffer. Now I have more time to give both projects more attention. I also enjoy making props too.

So I decided to, for this project, mostly design my own Dota 2 weapon. I took a couple reference that I use more later when I get ready to texture. For now I just used them as inspiration and to get a feel of the overall style. I did silhouette, picked and slightly redesigned my favorite one and I'm starting to solve the design.



Before I went much further I decided making the high poly overall shape in Maya would help verify proportions on the weapon as I am not mainly a 2d artist. I tried to make it a bit thick and chunky, because that follows their weapon style a bit. I think it reads better on the characters in game when they are smaller on the screen.

This is day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment